Welcome Back 2.0
February 18th, 2021
The CMHA board will continue to work under the guidance of Hockey Alberta, AHS, and The Town of Canmore. We are thrilled to welcome you all back to the arena beginning this weekend, February 20th and 21st.
Please read and share with your team, Hockey Alberta’s Path Forward Plan, found here: https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/members/return-hockey/
The Government of Alberta’s Public Health Measures with specific information on Children’s Sport and Performance Activities can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-3
Contact Tracing: We will continue to use our Spectator Sign In Sheet for the time being. Please remind your parents to complete this form if they will be in the building for 15 minutes or longer. This does not apply for any players, coaches or managers in Team Snap. These team members will be required to ensure their attendance is complete for all on ice activity.
- Please arrive no longer than 10 minutes prior to your ice time.
- Please follow physical distancing measures put in place at the facility.
- There will be no dressing rooms available for changing except for goaltenders, so ensure your players arrive at the facility dressed as much as possible.
- There will be two dressing rooms open per coloured section in the arena for washroom use only-see floor plan here
- All players will wear a mask unless engaged in on-ice activity.
- All coaches to be masked at all times
- There is a limit of 10 participants on each ice half per ice time, this includes coaches.
- Players MUST remain 3m apart from one another
- Only one parent with a U7 or U9 aged player, are allowed to remain in the arena and must remain 2m apart from one another. The facility may ask that the parent remains in the seat that their player had occupied if the area is too congested.
- Do not visit the facility if you are unwell or have had symptoms of COVID-19.
Should a participant become ill while at the facility or once at home, we will have measures in place:
- Once a COVID-19 illness has been suspected/identified and the association has been notified, the association will require:
- Immediate isolation of the symptomatic participant from others, including arrangement for safe travel home (e.g., no public transit).
- Suspension or temporary cancellation of activity in the arena and spaces where the symptomatic participant visited.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment and surfaces that may have come into contact with the symptomatic participant.
- Performance of hand hygiene by remaining participants.
- Notify the association, Town, Members, Hockey Alberta and Alberta Health Services of the incident.
Responsibilities-We must all be on board!
Parents and players also play key roles in the safe return to play.
- Stay at home if experiencing any symptoms.
- Become educated on the safety protocols and procedures prior to attending session and adhere to them while at the session.
- Ensure each player has his/her own water bottle which is sanitized prior to each session, and his/her own hand sanitizer and are clean upon arrival.
- Ensure equipment is dried, cleaned and/or sanitized following each session.
- Arrange appropriate transportation to and from the session.
- Do not spit, blow your nose freely or release any bodily fluid anywhere in any facility due to an extremely high risk of virus transfer. This will be strictly enforced.